Policies and Procedures
1) Payment Policy: Payment of tuition is due on the first of the month. We accept payment via cash, check, or debit/credit card. Tuition is non-refundable. A late charge of $15 will be assessed if payment is not received by 5th of the month. Any student who has a delinquent account past the 5th of the month will not be allowed to participate in classes until tuition is paid. If checks bounce, there is a $30 fee added to your account, and after that we will not be able to accept checks from you in the future.
2) Tuition rates: You agree that your monthly tuition price is calculated on a per hour basis. This tuition will stay the same regardless of some months having more classes than others, for school breaks, and if holidays occur.
3) Illness and Missed Classes: Our teachers are prepared each class to teach your child, if your child misses you are still required to make a full monthly tuition payment. However, your child will be allowed to do a make-up a class to makeup hours lost because of sickness. If a student has many absences and it becomes a disruption to the other students they may not be able to participate in recital. Makeups expire at the end of the session following recital and are only allowed in classes that are not full.
4) Changing or Dropping Classes: A 30-day notice is required should you decide to cancel your student’s enrollment. You are responsible to pay for any fees that have been assumed prior to cancellation of enrollment (tuition, costume fee, clothing etc)
5) Class Observation: Due to student distraction, no parents, family, or friends will be allowed to sit in the classroom during class at anytime. We invite you to watch our live feed of each class located in the lobby.
6) Safety: We are always concerned about the safety of our students. Be aware that we are unable to watch students in front of and on the side of the studio/lobby. It works best for everyone if you drop off and pick up on time. Students may check outside for their ride when class is over, however if you are late your child will be asked to wait in the lobby. This will require you to park and walk into the studio to get them. This is for the safety of our students. We are not responsible for students who choose to wait outside without permission.
7) Costume Fee: Diamond Dance Works holds a studio recital each year for all students in June. Each enrolled student is required to pay a costume fee of $75 per class by November 18th, 2017 for the June recital. There are NO refunds for students that decide not to be in the recital after the fee has been paid. If a costume has been ordered for your child and you decide later not to participate in the recital, you still agree to pay for the costume fee in full. To receive your costume ALL TUITION/FEES and ALL COSTUME fees must be paid.
8) Class Placement: Every student will be placed in a beginning level unless evaluated. Students that have previous dance experience will be evaluated in order to enroll in a more advanced class. Students are placed in classes where they can successfully develop their movement skills and technique.
9) Dress Code: For all ballet classes, students must wear pink tights and a black leotard. Hair must be neatly secured in a bun. For all other classes, tights and a leotard must be worn at all times, however, students may wear athletic clothes on top. Specific genre related dance shoes are required for each class and more specific dress code information is on our website.
10) Tardiness: If a student is more than 10 minutes late for a class, they will not be able to participate that day. This is for the safety of our students bodies and health.